Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these denotes the Islamic call to prayer, and is recited five times during the day as a reminder to the followers to get ready for prayer?
2. During prayers, Muslims recite the 'Takbir' which is the Arabic phrase "Allahu akbar". What does this mean?
3. The salat are the ritual prayers offered five times during the day. What are prayers that are recited at specific occasions called?
4. Wudu is the ritual washing of the body parts before offering the salat or before touching the Qur'an. Which of these body parts is it *not* specifically commanded to wash as part of wudu?
5. Which of these terms describes the practice of inviting non-believers to understand or follow Islam?
6. The khutba is a sermon generally delivered during the noon prayers on Jumah. Which day of the week is this?
7. Ramadaan is the month of fasting in the Islamic religion when followers refrain from eating and drinking during the daylight hours. Sehri is the meal eaten before fasting begins each day. Which of these is the meal eaten at the end of the fast?
8. Islamic tradition has multiple terms used to describe various types of scholars or people in positions of authority. Which of these describes a person who has memorised the Qur'an?
9. Which of these is an important part of Islam containing records of the Prophet Muhammad's words and actions?
10. It is commonly known that Isa is the Islamic name for Jesus. Which of these do Muslims believe is a holy book that was revealed to Isa?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.