Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of Simon & Garfunkel's early songs sounds like a popular children's game that is normally played outdoors in groups, with one person leading the action?
2. Simon & Garfunkel were successful as a duo in their teens. Their first hit song was released as a single in 1957, and it sounds like something they could have said to get a cute girl to notice them at school. What word completes the title, "Hey _____________!"
3. Perhaps because they did meet at school, many of Simon & Garfunkel's early songs have an academic flavor. Which song almost sounds like a type of question that could have been included in a pop quiz when there are really only two possible answers?
4. Not all of Simon & Garfunkel's early songs were about young love and schoolyard games. In 1964, they released a song about a friend who died. What word completes the title to that poignant song: "He Was My ___________"?
5. A little-known Simon & Garfunkel song is about a little bird in need of shelter who finds no solace anywhere. What single word provides the title to this 1964 song?
6. Sometimes it is hard to believe how young Simon & Garfunkel were when they released much of their work together. In one song, from the "Sounds of Silence" album, Simon wrote that he was 21 when he wrote the song, and that he was 22 now, but he wouldn't be for long. What color completes the title to this song, "Leaves That Are _______"?
7. What song intended for Simon & Garfunkel's 1968 album, "Bookends" sounds as if it would have been good for the soundtrack to a movie comedy starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell in which they had to relive a single day many times over?
[The song wasn't used in the movie, though.]
8. This song is from Simon & Garfunkel's 1970 album called "Bridge Over Troubled Water". It seems to take a fairly commercial attitude toward work and music, which may have shown the duo's attitude toward their work as "just a job". What two words complete the title of this tune, "Keep the __________ ________"?
9. This song is from "Bridge Over Troubled Water", Simon & Garfunkel's very successful 1970 album. It laments the lack of communication from someone who is far away from the singer. How can the title to this playful song be completed: "Why Don't ________ _________ _____?"
10. Simon & Garfunkel's final hit from the radio came out in 1975, and it is a sentimental song remembering the days of the duo's youth when they had gone to school together. What word completes the title of this song, "My Little ______"?
Source: Author shuehorn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.