Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What kind of bird was the one that laid the golden eggs in one of Aesop's most famous fables?
2. In Aesop's fable "The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse", the two mice were related, but they weren't brothers. Their parents were siblings, though. What does that make them?
3. Aesop has a story about a dog with a piece of meat. He sees his shadow and loses the meat. Where does this happen?
4. In Aesop's fable "The Crow and the Pitcher", the thirsty bird figured out a way to drink from the pitcher, even though she couldn't reach to the bottom to touch the water.
5. Aesop's fable "The Lion's Share" tells of a lion and three other animals that were dividing up a stag (a male deer) for their meal. How much did the lion think he deserved?
6. In Aesop's fable "The Wolf and the Crane", what happened to the crane when she stuck her long neck down the wolf's throat to remove a bone that was stuck there?
7. In Aesop's fable "The Fox and the Grapes", why does the fox say that the grapes were probably sour?
8. One of Aesop's more famous fables is the one about the tortoise and the hare. They have a race, and who wins?
9. In Aesop's fable "The Fox and the Goat", the fox was stuck down a well. The goat helped the fox and they became good friends after that.
10. In Aesop's fable "The Fox and the Crow", what does the fox ask the crow to do so that he can get her piece of cheese for himself?
Source: Author shuehorn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.