Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Judaism, Shabbat is observed as a weekly Day of Rest. What is lit to mark the beginning of this time?
2. Christmas and Easter are the two major festivals celebrated by Christians. In the Roman Catholic tradition a vigil is held for which of these?
3. During the month of Ramadaan, Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. In a reversal of sorts, members of which faith observe a type of fast called Chauvihar where they abstain from food and drink from sunset to sunrise?
4. Mahashivratri is an important Hindu festival that falls during late winter. Which Hindu god is it dedicated to?
5. In the Theravada tradition of Buddhism, Vesak is celebrated on the first full moon night in May. What does it celebrate?
6. Ridvan is considered the holiest festival for followers of the Baha'i faith and begins at sunset on the 32nd day of the Baha'i calendar. For how long does the festival last?
7. Holi is a spring festival celebrated by Hindus. It begins the night prior with the lighting of a bonfire. The bonfire marks the killing of the demoness Holika by which Hindu god?
8. Some Muslims observe a religious tradition called the night of Isra and Mi'raj, a two-fold journey. One part commemorates the Prophet Muhammad's journey from Mecca to which of these holy cities?
9. The Chinese Spring Lantern festival has its roots in the practices of which religion?
10. The eve of 1st May is celebrated in some parts of Europe to mark the canonization of which Christian saint?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.