Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This picture was taken on a beach in Vanuatu and shows a stall with the Vanuatu flag on the side. What do the yellow stripes which form a 'Y' on the flag represent?
2. Here's a statue in a Port Vila garden who appears to be a happy Buddha. Buddhism isn't a major religious denomination amongst the Ni-Vanuatu. What is the most popular religion on Vanuatu?
3. This is a building which can be found throughout Vanuatu. Called nakamal, what are these buildings used for?
4. This picture taken in Port Vila shows a sculpture of an animal part which has a strong significance in the traditional lives of the Ni-Vanuatu. From which animal does it come?
5. This picture of a beach on the island of Wala. From this picture you can tell Vanuatu was formed by what natural process?
6. The tree in this photo is a toi tree. For generations the toi trees have been cut down by the Ni-Vanuatu for which purpose?
7. On Mystery Island there is a tourist 'attraction' where you can be photographed sitting in a large pot, pretending to be a cannibal's next meal. Was cannibalism really practiced in Vanuatu?
8. Here's a picture I took while snorkelling in Vanuatu. It's a six armed starfish. Is Vanuatu the only place in the world you'll find starfish with more than five arms?
9. Mystery island is Vanuatu's smallest island. It seems welcoming enough, but which of these is an explanation for Mystery Island's name?
10. When standing in the water at this glorious beach you can sometimes feel bubbles of gas escaping from the rocks on or under the sand. What name is given to this delightful beach?
Source: Author Tizzabelle
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.