Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. GEOGRAPHY: Which of these countries lies directly to the west of Palau?
2. HISTORY: Several islands in the Palau archipelago may have first been discovered in 1522 during which explorer's expedition?
3. BRAIN TEASERS: Can you tell me the name of Palau's capital city using the following word fracture as a hint? (KNEE RULE MUTT)
4. PEOPLE: Artist Hans Ongelungel and activist Sha Merirei are two significant figures of Palauan descent. What is their relationship to one another?
5. ANIMALS: There is a lake in Palau named for a golden colored marine animal from the Mastigiidae family. What are these creatures more commonly known as?
6. VIDEO GAMES: The Battle of Peleliu was featured in a video game with the subtitle "World at War". Which series does it belong to?
7. HOBBIES: One of Palau's signature foods is a Rösti (fried patty) made with what kind of vegetable?
8. SPORTS: Bligh Madras became the first person of Palauan descent to play in Major League Baseball. He made his debut with a team that wears black and gold. Which team would that be?
9. TELEVISION: Which island in Palau was used to film the tenth season of "Survivor"?
10. WORLD: What foreign currency has been used as legal tender in Palau despite becoming an independent nation in 1994?
Source: Author RedHook13
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.