Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The tiny archipelago of Saint Pierre et Miquelon lies in the northwestern Atlantic Ocean. What is its political status?
2. Has Saint Pierre and Miquelon been both a British and a French possession?
3. Given the closeness of Saint Pierre and Miquelon to their neighbouring country, it comes as no surprise that ice hockey is a popular sport in the archipelago. In which Canadian province's leagues do the Saint-Pierrais compete?
4. Which "St. Peter" (French: "St. Pierre") lends his name to the northwest Atlantic archipelago of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
5. What minority ethnic group of Western Europe, whose language is believed to be one of the world's oldest, has left a strong imprint on the culture of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
6. The official flag of Saint Pierre and Miquelon is the French Tricolour. However, there is a far more colourful semi-official flag that features a boat on a wavy sea, with three distinctly patterned squares on the hoist side. What do these three designs represent?
7. How many of the eight islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon are inhabited?
8. What fate befell M. Néel, convicted in 1889 on Saint-Pierre for killing François Coupard?
9. Saint Pierre and Miquelon's islands of Grande Miquelon and Langlade are connected by a ridge of beach material constructed by wave action that connects an island to mainland. What term is given to such a sandy, connecting ridge?
10. Which of these iconic North American animals would you expect to find in Saint Pierre et Miquelon?
Source: Author Rizeeve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.