Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Agatha Christie's book 'Sleeping Murder', which of her detectives is the central character?
2. Which Russian composer wrote the music for the ballet production of 'Sleeping Beauty'?
3. In Lewis Carroll's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland', which of the characters Alice encounters when she attends the Mad Hatter's tea party spends his time almost constantly asleep?
4. Called a railroad tie or crosstie in the USA, what is the name given to the UK equivalent, the wooden variety of which has found popularity in many gardens for constructing raised flowerbeds and creating garden steps among many other practical uses?
5. In the 'Harry Potter' books by J K Rowling, in which unusual place did Harry sleep while was growing up with his relatives the Dursleys, before he discovered he was a wizard and went to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
6. In the 1993 romantic comedy 'Sleepless in Seattle', what are the first names of the main characters played by Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?
7. In which of William Shakespeare's plays would you find the famous quote 'To sleep, perchance to dream'?
8. If you were having trouble getting to sleep, according to the saying, which adjective describes the animals is it recommended you count to help you nod off?
9. In Raymond Chandler's book 'The Big Sleep', what is the name of his detective protagonist?
10. Which British singer, known for her global hit 'Downtown' in 1964, also had a top ten hit with her 1967 song 'Don't Sleep in the Subway'?
Source: Author Jennifer5
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.