Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What Spanish explorer is credited with discovering the Grand Canyon in 1540?
2. This one armed veteran of the American Civil War was the leader of the first expedition to travel through the canyon by boat. Was he:
3. In what year was the Grand Canyon designated a national park?
4. What feature is unique about Grand Canyon rattlesnakes?
5. Among the first people to dwell in the canyon were the Anasazi Indians. Anasazi is a Navajo word that means:
6. What river is responsible for carving out this natural wonder?
7. This United States president visited the Grand Canyon and said, 'Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. Not a bit. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.' Who was he?
8. One of the most popular trail systems in the Grand Canyon are the Kaibab trails. The word Kaibab is Paiute and means:
9. Who are the 'People of the Blue-Green Waters'?
10. In 1967, a man born in Wales became the first person known to walk the entire length of the Grand Canyon. His story is chronicled in the book 'The Man Who Walked Through Time'. Who was he?
11. What species of deer is most prevalent in Grand Canyon National Park?
12. There are three ways to get down to the Colorado River within the Canyon's boundaries. Which of the following is NOT an option?
13. Which of the following South Rim points is fictional?
14. There are trailheads at both the North and South Rims of the canyon. The North Rim and the South Rim are only 10 miles apart as the crow flies, however it's a drive of:
15. Finally, what is the name of the lodge at the bottom of the Canyon?
Source: Author Bomber1013
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.