Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Famous for the geyser pictured here, this park was the first National Park in the United States (as well as the world!). The park is mostly found in Wyoming, though it does extend a bit into the states of Montana and Idaho. Which park is it?
2. Utah is home to a multitude of National Parks, and all are gorgeous places to visit! My favorite park has one structure pictured here, perhaps the most famous of all the rock formations in the entire park. I would tell you the name of this delicate rock, but the title would give the answer away! Where is it located?
3. There are dozens of canyons throughout the whole of the United States, and many have become National Parks. Perhaps the most recognized canyon worldwide, though, is the one found in Arizona, and pictured to the left. Which National Park is the subject of the photo?
4. Mangroves are gorgeous locations, and I am quite fond of this National Park (though I have yet to visit). It is found in Florida, and is home to many protected species, including the American crocodile and the manatee. What is the name of this park?
5. Houses built in the cliffside by an ancient tribe known as the Anasazi is the subject of my favorite National Park, found in Colorado (my home state). What is the name of this National Park?
6. This is a National Park found in Oregon, a large lake with no inlets or outlets. There are two islands found within the lake, and it is the deepest lake in the United States. Which of these National Parks is the one found in Oregon, whose picture to the left was taken from an airplane?
7. This beautiful (albeit extremely hot) National Park is located in California and Nevada. It contains sand dunes, mountains, canyons, and the like, and is the hottest, driest, and lowest places in the entire United States. Which of the National Parks is the one described, as well as pictured to the left?
8. The longest cave system in the world (and by a fair margin), is found in Kentucky, and is one of the United States dozens of National Parks. Which of these gargantuan cave systems is the one pictured on the left?
9. Found in California, this picture is showing a portion of a National Park full of the tallest trees in the world. The park contains nearly half of the remaining trees of the species. Which of these is the one pictured?
10. Famous for glaciers, fjords, and marine life, this National Park of Alaska is truly a beautiful location. Once covered entirely by ice, the glaciers have receded since. Pictured to the left is a photo of which National Park?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.