Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which species of animal is not found in the Yellowstone ecosystem?
2. When was the most recent volcanic eruption within the park?
3. What tree species makes up about 80 percent of the park's forested areas?
4. In what year did Yellowstone become a national park?
5. What natural disaster changed the Yellowstone landscape in 1988?
6. Which Yellowstone lake is North America's largest mountain lake?
7. What is the name of a hot spring that does not have enough moisture to flow, just vent steam?
8. Of the following, which Indian tribe was not present in Yellowstone when Europeans arrived?
9. What is the name of the longest undammed river in America, whose headwaters are near the park?
10. What is the name of the national park directly south of Yellowstone?
Source: Author KatidydWM
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.