Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Japanese 'minkas' (traditional wood-and-paper houses) usually have REVOLVING doors. T(rue) or F(alse)?
2. Apart from the entrance hall, which has a tatami mat, all rooms in a Japanese minka have BATTERED EARTH floors. T(rue) or F(alse)?
3. When the concentration of Buddhist monks who practise zazen (meditation in a seated position) begins to flag, they are TAPPED ON THE SHOULDER with a stick.
4. In a Buddhist pagoda the typical place where relics (e.g. bits of bone of the Buddha) are hidden is, UNDER THE CENTRAL PILLAR.
5. Japanese tend not to distinguish between an R and an L.
6. Just as in a mosque you are not supposed to WEAR SHOES in a Buddhist temple.
7. Pilgrims normally get NO ACCESS to the upper floors of a pagoda.
8. Buddhist pilgrims are normally dressed in ORANGE.
9. In the Noh Theatre MEN play women's roles.
10. Traditionally the Japanese do not sit ON CHAIRS when they are having their meals. T(rue) or F(alse)?
Source: Author flem-ish
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.