Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which one of the following accurately describes a way to get to Sapporo, the main city on Hokkaido, from Honshu, the main island?
2. Many residents of Hokkaido are familiar with a certain American firm, from which they order many things through the mails. What firm is this?
3. Wakkanai Port on the north tip of the Island hosted more than 50,000 temporary visitors in the year 2000 -- crew members from the ships of what country?
4. The largest city on Hokkaido, Sapporo, was founded in about what year?
5. When Hokkaido is shown on a colorful tourist map illustrating the regional attractions of Japan, it will most likely have a picture of what, shown on the island?
6. Sapporo is famous for its February Snow Festival, which features huge sculptures carved from blocks of ice. How are the largest ice blocks obtained?
7. At the Sapporo snow festival you are most likely to encounter a vendor selling which of the following food items?
8. For which of these wild animals is Hokkaido most famous?
9. Hokkaido is the traditional home of the Ainu, an indigenous people that once inhabited all of Hokkaido. Which of the following is not true of the Ainu?
10. A high point of a trip to Hokkaido is a visit to the tiny islands of Rebun and Rishiri, reached by ferry from the northern tip. Why would one go to see these islands?
Source: Author OldOne
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.