Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Every restaurant you go to in the Keys features conch fritters and conch chowder. What is conch?
2. Key Largo is part of the island chain in the Florida Keys. What do the words Key Largo mean?
3. The Florida Keys known for what special citrus fruit?
4. If your house address is 89851 Overseas Highway, how far are you from Key West (using the Overseas Highway)?
5. How close is Cuba to Key West, Florida? (in miles)
6. What did Henry Flagler build in 1912 to revitalize the Florida Keys, especially Key West?
7. Which US president was ordered by his doctor to find "somewhere warm to relax and vacation" and chose Key West?
8. "The Old Man and the Sea" and "Islands in the Stream" are two books by this famous American writer who called Key West his home. Who was he?
9. Hurricanes and high water surges are a problem in the Keys. What feature do many homes in the keys have?
10. What two bodies of water surround the Florida Keys?
Source: Author isaacf
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor zh1322
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.