Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Our family decides to take a road trip though the state of Florida. We are determined to avoid the attractions in Orlando, since we were there last year. We want to see the OTHER Florida. Our first stop has us visiting a place that can be described as Florida's oldest city, more exactly the oldest city in the whole U.S.A. Where are we?
2. After our first stop we drive south until we reach a city that's famous for its drive-on beach. Where are we?
3. We continue our auto trip as we drive even further south to Merritt Island. You could say we'll be flying high, very very high, when we visit this Florida tourist destination. Where are we headed?
4. After an exhilarating and exhausting day, we decide we need to go some place more sedate, so we head west then north. Our next destination is near the city of Ocala, and was the setting for a 1954 classic horror movie.
5. We liked our day at the last vacation destination so much that we decided to stick with that theme, so we head west to Homosassa Springs State Park. What endangered aquatic mammals will we be able to view at this state park?
6. The people who were standing next to us in the Fish Bowl told us about an interesting tourist attraction not too far to the south. They said that if we wanted to see mermaids, this was the place to go. So we are headed south on US 19 to our next stop. Where were we headed?
7. Since we are in the general area we decide to travel to a site near Winter Haven. We go south and a bit east of Tampa to witness some beautiful gardens, some roller coasters and a water skiing show. Where are we headed next?
8. We are getting a bit tired of driving, so we head south of Tampa Bay to two of the more popular of Florida's gulf coast islands, both very close together and near Fort Myers. This particular destination is famous for having an abundance of sea shells. Here we will be able to just veg out on the beach, collect sea shells and watch the wildlife. Where will we spend the next five days?
9. After our relaxing five day stay at our last destination we decide we want to see a lot more of Florida's wild life, so we head down I-75 and east across Alligator Alley into the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States. We are headed to a national park, but which one?
10. Since we have explored this much of Florida, we decided to drive to the southernmost point in the continental United States. We argued about where this is. My brother said it was on Key Largo. Is that correct?
Source: Author classictvnut
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.