Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Emily and Wayne from Iowa are headed for the surf and turf! All they know about their destination, the Florida Keys, is what they've heard in the famous Jimmy Buffett song "Margaritaville". Wayne begins by asking the travel agent, "What is a key, anyhow, geographically speaking?"
2. When Yankees Wayne and Emily land at Miami's airport, they are greeted by a blast of warm air as the plane door opens. Emily asks the steward, "Say, do ya know what the weather is like in the Florida Keys?"
3. Our Iowa Yankees leave the Miami airport, rent a car and realize they have no idea how to get to the Florida Keys. Iowa is about 1,200 miles from the nearest ocean. "Well, now," Wayne asks the car rental agent, "how does a person get on the islands?"
4. Over dinner in Miami, Wayne and Emily are curious about a "River of Grass" listed in the tourist brochures. Emily calls the waitress over. "Alrighty then, can you name the World Heritage Site around south Florida here, some kind of giant wetland?"
5. Wayne and Emily want to do something unique in the Florida Keys, which they could never do at home in Iowa. Emily scans some tourist brochures at their hotel, and sees which opportunity that makes her flip?
6. Tourists Emily and Wayne see the Florida Everglades, swim with dolphins and ride in a glass-bottom boat at Key Largo. Further south on the Overseas Highway, they stop to take a two-mile walk on which historic bridge?
7. The 30 mile drive between the historic bridge and Key West offers a spectacular beach, native flowers, and the Bahia Honda Bridge, but then the speed limit suddenly drops. "I 'pert near didn't see that sign," Wayne says. "It said to slow down for the Key _____".
8. Emily and Wayne are going to the Looe Key Marine Sanctuary to snorkel or dive, in order to experience which underwater feature that runs the length of the Florida Keys?
9. Wayne spots an unusual Key West home garden. He asks the owner, "What gardens would you think a fella and his wife could tour here in your neck of the woods?"
10. Wayne and Emily have one more afternoon to spend in Key West, before heading home. "We might could go see the museum about the famous man with the cats, if you want," Wayne says. Emily looks back at him, "Which famous writer lived in and wrote about Key West?"
Source: Author Godwit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.