Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I touched down at Tampa International Airport on the western side of Tampa at 5am. I hopped into my rental, skirted around Tampa, and headed south-west on I-275 across the causeway over Tampa Bay. I had breakfast in another large city in Florida. I was 26 miles from Tampa. Where was I?
2. In Florida, I knew it was flat but not that FLAT. There appeared to be a hill ahead as I flew south down I-75 at 70mph. What was likely to have caused this rise?
3. Headed towards Miami on the Interstate, I veered sharply left at Naples and travelled due east through the Everglades area called Alligator Alley. What is unusual about this 75 mile section of the Interstate?
4. Hitting multicultural Miami for an early dinner, I had driven a long way for a dish called Ropa Viejo. What Miami neighbourhood did I find a restaurant that served this dish?
5. I drove from Miami over to the separate city of Miami Beach. My hotel was in the historic South Beach district. What style was my hotel likely to have been?
6. The next day, I headed out of Miami Beach to Fort Lauderdale for breakfast. The GPS wanted to take me back to the mainland and straight up the I-95 but I wanted to travel the forty miles along the scenic but slower coastal route. What is this alternative and uniquely named route called?
7. Headed for Orlando, an obvious tourist hotspot, I realised Orlando is almost in the exact centre of the state. Which of these tourist destinations is the furthermost away by road from Orlando?
8. After Orlando, I headed north-west on I-4 East to reach the coast near Daytona Beach. I then followed the I-95 to Jacksonville. I noticed the Interstate ran parallel to Florida's longest river which we crossed just before coming into the centre of Jacksonville. What is a distinctive feature of St John's River?
9. Jacksonville is the eastern terminus of the I-10, the western terminus being Santa Monica, CA. I travelled west almost the entire length of the Florida panhandle along the I-10 to Pensacola near the Alabama border. If I followed the I-10 all the way, would this Interstate pass through the capital, Tallahassee?
10. I needed to get back to Tampa to meet my work commitments. I backtracked east along the I-10 until it intersected with the I-75, then headed south. Once I reached Tampa, I headed for my hotel in the near city district of Ybor City. What product made this district famous?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.