Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What does "Trăiască România!" mean?
2. There is something generally characteristic to the Romanian queues at banks, or post offices and such. What is it?
3. What international music festival is considered one of the most important music festivals of Romania? It began in 1968.
4. One episode of an internationally well-watched culinary show was shot in Romania. Unfortunately, it turned out to be one of the worst visits the crew experienced up till then. The episode was aired in February 2008 on the Travel Channel. What is the name of this culinary show and its host?
5. Which was the largest ethnic minority in Romania in the late 20th century?
6. What is the Romanian equivalent of the well-known talent shows in the West, like "Idols" or "X-factor"?
7. Who was elected president of Romania in 2004?
8. What is the name for the dish that is traditionally made of minced meat and rice, rolled in white cabbage leaves?
9. Which Romanian boy band had a big hit in 2004 with their song "Dragostea din Tei" (known as: "Numa, numa" or "Maya Ee")?
10. Which Romanian musician has become world famous for playing the pan flute? You can answer by giving either both the first and last name or by just typing his last name.
Source: Author Esther74
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.