Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Romanian town is located at the highest altitude?
2. What famous Romanian resort is located in Sibiu county?
3. Where in Romania is the Latin poet Publius Ovidius Nasso (Ovid) supposed to be buried?
4. Romanian legend says that two brothers who fought each other were transformed into rivers. What are those two Romanian rivers called?
5. This city is the headquarters of the well-known Romanian women's gymnastics team. Which city is it?
6. One of the first universities in Romania is located in Brasov. What is it called?
7. Which ancient Greek colony, established on the Black Sea shore, has become modern-day Mangalia?
8. Bucuresti (Bucharest), the capital of Romania, is situated in the historical country called Tara Romaneasca (or Valachia). Which city was the first capital of Tara Romaneasca?
9. A common Romanian saying is: "to build something, you have to make a sacrifice". Manole, a builder, killed his pregnant wife Ana by building the walls of a monastery around her. What is the monastery called?
10. The famous character Dracula is based on what Romanian ruler?
Source: Author lady_k
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.