Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 'Share Our Wealth' program was a Robin Hood-style program created by which politican?
2. FDR's most famous quote 'we have nothing to fear but fear itself' was borrowed from what 19th century figure?
3. "The Grapes of Wrath", by John Steinbeck, was about a group of people in very difficult circumstances. Who were they?
4. These were FDR's radio talks to the American public. Americans found them reassuring and educational.
5. Which African-American athlete performed spectacularly well at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin?
6. Which magazine was transformed in the 1930s into an immensely popular, even 'iconic' illustrated magazine?
7. This African-American singer was not allowed to sing before the Daughters of the American Revolution, but was invited by Eleanor Roosevelt to sing at the Lincoln Memorial. Who was she?
8. Which of these New Deal 'alphabet soup' programs employed writers and artists?
9. This year of the 1930s saw some amazing films released, such as "Gone With the Wind", "The Wizard of Oz", and "Wuthering Heights". Which year was it?
10. Which of the New Deal programs below still existed in the 21st century?
Source: Author teachluck7
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.