Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Nazi Germany's September 1, 1939 invasion of which country is generally regarded as the beginning of WWII in Europe?
2. Who was Pope during the 1930s?
3. In 1934 American gangster John Dillinger was shot by the FBI as he emerged from a Chicago theater after seeing which movie?
4. When the Dionne quintuplets were born in 1934 they were the first set of quints known to survive their infancy. Where were they born?
5. What were the most popular names for girls and boys born in the US in the early 1930s?
6. The decade from 1929 to 1939 found Winston Churchill out of power and out of favor, as he tried to rouse the British people to the growing German threat. What is this period of Churchill's life often called?
7. In 1939 American inventor Philo Farnsworth sold his patents for which invention to RCA Victor for $1 million?
8. Which Broadway show won the Tony Award for Best Musical of 1936?
9. This performer is often credited with saving Twentieth Century-Fox movie studio from near bankruptcy in 1934.
10. During the 1932-1937 US Supreme Court terms a group of justices were called "The Three Musketeers" because they were thought to be the most liberal and supportive of President Roosevelt's New Deal programs. These three judges were Harlan Fiske Stone, Benjamin Cardozo and which other man?
Source: Author brewster76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.