Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Two people who had been among the highest ranking politicians of this country some years earlier, were sentenced to 5 and 10 years imprisonment for high treason in January of 1935. In which country?
2. In Ual-Ual a border incident occurred between soldiers from two countries, which led to greatly increased tension between these countries. Which two countries both claimed Ual-Ual was part of their territory?
3. After getting into a conflict with the government, this country's king resigned and was succeeded by his 9-year-old nephew.
4. Pope Pius XI declared that in this country attempts were being undertaken to abolish Christianity and revert to heathendom.
5. This country, or rather colony, got a new constitution in 1935, which contained preparations for independence after some amount of time (about 10 years).
6. The League of Nations declared economic sanctions against a nation in 1935. Which?
7. This country, having been a republic for some time, became a monarchy again, with the former king once more as head of state.
8. In elections in this country there was a majority for the Labour Party for the first time.
9. Crown prince Fredrick (later King Fredrick IX) of Denmark was married in 1935 to a princess of which country?
10. Berthold Jacob, a German refugee in France, was contacted by an undercover Gestapo (German secret police) agent who managed to seduce him to another country, where he was illegally arrested by Gestapo and brought to Germany. Which country was it?
Source: Author engels
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.