Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Inventors were busy inventing stuff in 1930. They invented all kinds of good stuff that year. Which of the following was NOT invented during 1930?
2. The year 1931 was a good year for horror movie enthusiasts. Two seminal horror movies were released that year. What movies were they?
3. The year 1932 saw the publication of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World", the opening of Radio City Music Hall and the first broadcast of "Clara, Lu and Em". So what was so special about "Clara, Lu and Em"?
4. In 1933 the sighting of a certain "monster" was recorded for the very first time. What "monster" first appeared in 1933?
5. The year 1934 was a bad time to be a gangster in the US. It was a very bad time. Who among the following was NOT killed during 1934?
6. The year 1935 had some notable firsts. The game "Monopoly" came out in 1935. The Social Security Act in the US became law in 1935. Which of the following did NOT debut in 1935?
7. A very uplifting athletic performance occurred at the Summer Olympics in 1936. The Olympics were held in Berlin, Germany and an American stunned the German leader, Adolf Hitler, by winning four gold medals against the best athletes Germany could offer. Who was this heroic American athlete?
8. A lot of timeless cartoon characters had their start in the 1930s. Which Warner Brothers Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies character, known for saying "you're des-t-t-h-picable" in his lispy voice, made his debut in 1937?
9. If you had been around in 1938 you would have seen freeze-dried coffee, the first ballpoint pen and the angklung tuned to play the diatonic scale. If you lived in the US, you also might have been impacted by an important act of legislation. What important law was passed in 1938?
10. What an exciting year 1939 was! Ernest Hansen set a new chicken-plucking record, college kids across America were engaging in goldfish-swallowing and it snowed in Auckland, New Zealand. Some stuff was invented, too. Which of the following things first came out in 1939?
Source: Author deputygary
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.