Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In September 1980, war broke out between what two countries?
2. In 1981, three world leaders suffered assassination attempts, which resulted in the death of which one of them?
3. In 1982, a ten-week undeclared war was fought in what region?
4. On 1st September 1983, a commercial aircraft from what country was shot down by the Soviet Air Force after navigation errors by the pilot?
5. On 31st October 1984, the bodyguards of what country assassinated their country's political leader?
6. In 1985, a Live Aid concert was organized by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for famine in what country?
7. The dictatorship of what country's political leader was ended in February 1986 by people power?
8. In 1987, what major world's sport event was held for the first time in history?
9. On 15th May 1988, Soviet troops started to withdraw from Afghanistan. How many years did the Soviet-Afghan conflict last?
10. Which event did NOT occur in 1989?
Source: Author sw11
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.