Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 1960 was designated as the Year of ______ , where many countries achieved independence.
2. In 1961, which UN General Secretary was killed in an air crash?
3. In 1962, what famous band made their first successful recording?
4. In 1963, a federation of states was established in what south-east Asian country?
5. In 1964, the war in Vietnam was escalated due to what incident?
6. In 1965, Israeli spy Eli Cohen was publicly hanged in which country? His role was played by Sacha Baron Cohen in the Netflix mini-series "The Spy" in 2019.
7. In 1966, what disastrous campaign started in China?
8. In 1967, a short war of less than week was fought in what region?
9. In 1968, the USSR ordered half a million Warsaw Pact troops to stop mass protests and political liberalization, in which country?
10. In 1969, King Idris of what country was overthrown in a coup attempt?
Source: Author sw11
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.