Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. During the war, General Grant rode four horses. Which of these horses did not belong to him?
2. Who was the highest ranking officer of either side to be killed during the war?
3. During Pickett's charge only one of his brigade commanders lived, though wounded. Who was it?
4. Of the 425 Confederate General officers, how many were killed or died from wounds?
5. One of "Stonewall" Jackson's classmates at West Point (class of 1846) and a future Union general was only 15 years old on entering West Point. Who was it?
6. During the battle of Fredericksburg, Va. how many charges did Union divisions make against the stonewall?
7. Col. John S. Mosby, a Partisan Ranger was so successful that Gen. Grant ordered him to be hanged without trial if captured. What was his middle name?
8. During the battle of Gettysburg this Union regiment made a charge at Cemetery Ridge to buy time for Gen. Hancock. Who were they?
9. This Union prison was said to have a higher prisoner death rate then Camp Sumter, Georgia.
10. What was the date of the execution of the four Lincoln conspirators in the Old Penitentiary , Washington, DC?
Source: Author colmosby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.