Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the official name of Andersonville?
2. Of the 45,000 prisoners of war (POWs) held at Andersonville from February 1864 through May 1865, approximately how many died in captivity?
3. Who was the 19-year-old POW that kept meticulous records, in which the deaths of all prisoners were recorded?
4. Only 460 of the graves at Andersonville had to be marked as an "unknown U.S. soldier."
5. Who was the stockade commander in charge of Andersonville?
6. How many of the guards at Andersonville died in the period between its opening in February 1864 and its closure in May 1865?
7. One baby was born within the confines of Andersonville.
8. How many Union POWs, while held at Andersonville, joined the Confederate Army?
9. Almost all the approximately 13,000 marble headstones are identical; however, one headstone has something different about it. What makes this headstone stand out from the rest?
10. There are six graves at Andersonville National Cemetery that are never decorated with individual American flags on Memorial Day.
Source: Author uga76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.