Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How long was the original spear of a hoplite?
2. What was the Greek name for a hoplite spear?
3. What is the name of the shield they use?
4. What formation were the Spartans known to use?
5. Who was the first and only leader of the "300 Spartans"?
6. What man both was believed to be a god, and had a deep-seated hatred for King Leonidas?
7. Which battle saw the "300 Spartans" perish?
8. During the battle at Thermopylae, as a few Spartans remained standing; they witnessed the great King Leonidas fall and tried desperately to retrieve the body, but they were eventually felled by arrows. King Xerxes had a great disdain for Leonidas and ordered ... what?
9. Roughly, when are the hoplites said to have been founded?
10. The hoplites often carried a small, straight blade around 60cm long. What was this called?
Source: Author Jordan99259
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.