Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which two sides were involved in the Battle of Cannae?
2. A year before the Battle of Cannae, Hannibal had ambushed and destroyed 40,000 soldiers under Gaius Flaminius at which battle?
3. At Cannae, Hannibal executed a brilliant use of which battlefield tactic?
4. Which of these peoples did NOT march with Hannibal during his invasion of Rome?
5. Varro, the less experienced of the two Roman commanders, believed that the battle with Hannibal would be a walkover for what reason?
6. Hannibal fielded two units of cavalry at Cannae. His elite Numidian Light Horseman on his right, and his heavy cavalry on his left. Who was in command of this heavy cavalry?
7. Why was Hannibal in Cannae in the first place?
8. What was the name of the javelin that the Roman infantry would have carried at Cannae?
9. Hannibal's victory over the Romans at Cannae completed all his objectives of his military campaign.
10. The Battle of Cannae was one of the major battles of the second Punic war, but what was the battle that finally decided the victor of the war?
Source: Author wardythegreat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.