Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What continent did Amerigo Vespucci realize was not a part of Asia but a new continent when he explored it in 1502?
2. During which war did the US government first issue toothbrushes to soldiers?
3. JFK's quote, 'This is a new ocean, and I believe the US should sail it,' referred to which of the following?
4. On May 4, 1970, sixty-seven shots were fired on what college campus?
5. Adding together the ages of President and Vice-President, who made up the youngest presidential ticket elected in the U.S. with a total of 90 years?
6. What word did a 1978 anti-sexist edict in Woonsocket, Rhode Island proclaim would be used to replace the word 'manhole'?
7. What publisher of nude magazines declared that he had 'a right to be tasteless under the First Amendment'?
8. What song by Bruce Springsteen was quoted by both Reagan and Mondale in the 1984 presidential campaign?
9. Who was the first lawyer to become First Lady?
10. What US president was both head of the CIA and US ambassador to the United Nations?
Source: Author Jendy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.