Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is Massachusetts's nickname?
2. In a certain old seafaring song, the girls from this locale "don't use no sleds ... They slide down the hills on the codfish heads." Where are they from?
3. In "Moby Dick", Captain Ahab's ship, the Pequod, left which Massachusetts port on its ill-fated journey?
4. What happened to the battleship USS Massachusetts when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941?
5. The fishing boat "Andrea Gail," lost during the so-called "perfect storm" in 1991, was based in which town?
6. When cod fishing in Massachusetts was at its zenith, how many tons were caught each year?
7. Where is the frigate USS Constitution docked?
8. Which Massachusetts town has as its motto: "America's Oldest Seaport"?
9. In the 19th or 20th centuries, if you were sailing at night off Surfside, Massachusetts and became disoriented, what would you look for to reestablish your position?
10. There is a marine sciences institute in Massachusetts that has contributed much to our understanding of oceans and climate. What is it's name?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.