Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the nickname given to the Phoenix metropolitan area?
2. Phoenix is located in a desert, but which one?
3. Phoenix has very hot summers, but how often does it snow in winter?
4. Because of extreme temperatures in the summer, Phoenix only hosts indoor winter-season sporting events.
5. Phoenix averages only nine inches of rainfall per year; how is it primarily able to sustain its four-million-plus population in the metropolitan area?
6. Phoenix has the largest city park in the United States; what is its name?
7. The University of Phoenix has a covered stadium with natural turf. How do they keep it looking green?
8. Because of its desert environment, Phoenix has few problems with insects and pests.
9. A museum in Phoenix, Arizona contains one of the largest collection of American Indian artifacts found anywhere. Have you perceived its name?
10. American baseball teams have spring training in the southern U.S. What is the collective name for the teams that do their training in Phoenix?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.