Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We've established it was during the Punic Wars, but when precisely did the Battle of Zama take place?
2. What commander of the Carthaginian forces at Zama probably loved it when a plan came together?
3. What commander of the Roman forces gained a new name after his victory at Zama?
4. Which of these correctly describes how the forces were aligned in the Battle of Zama?
5. At Zama, the Carthaginians were aligned in three rows. Who were in the front?
6. Who was in the first line of troops on the Roman side at the Battle of Zama?
7. What did the Romans use to scare the Carthaginian war elephants?
8. The Carthaginians lost because the Romans had superior cavalry. The battle between the infantries had been a stalemate.
9. While Carthage lost, exactly how badly were they defeated? What was the ratio between Carthaginian casualties and Roman casualties?
10. If you wanted to visit the site of the Battle of Zama, what modern day country would you go to?
Source: Author parrotman2006
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.