Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which group of people is given credit for building the city of Rome?
2. On what river was Rome built?
3. Upon how many hills was Rome built?
4. Which people, who had colonized the south eastern part of Italy, shared cultural ideas with the Romans, such as art, architecture, and religion?
5. Although this group of Indo-Europeans migrated to Italy approximately 2,000 B.C., it took them quite a while before they were strong enough to take over the city of Rome.
6. Which of these building projects was among the first documented in ancient Rome?
7. After the abolition of the monarchy in Rome, what type of government was established?
8. This office in Roman government could only be held for six months in an extreme emergency. Few would agree to take the position because it was too reminiscent of rule by a king. What office did Cincinnatus very reluctantly agree to take?
9. In the days after the founding of Rome, what was the true measure of a person's status?
10. One reason for the prevalence of so many myths and legends intertwined with Roman history is that in 390 B.C. Rome was invaded and many of the original records were destroyed. Which people from the north sacked and looted the city?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.