Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The palace of Versailles is where in relationship to Paris?
2. The palace and gardens are set on 19,262 acres, and the total site is larger than?
3. Construction of the palace, based on existing records, cost 116,438,892 livres. This is how much in current day U.S. dollars?
4. The entire complex was completed with the ultimate in opulence and luxury. Some first time visitors thought they had arrived at the palace, when in fact they had entered?
5. The Hall of Mirrors contains 17 large chandeliers and 26 smaller ones each made of solid silver. How many candles did the chandeliers hold?
6. One location in the palace took 28 years to complete (from 1682 to 1710) because Louis XIV demanded absolute perfection in design, construction and materials. What was this section?
7. To escape the rigid court etiquette and formal ceremonies of Versailles, Marie Antoinette built a series of buildings where she could pretend to be a shepherdess or a milkmaid. What was the name given to this area?
8. The Queen's bedchamber was one of the largest rooms in the private apartments because protocol required her to perform what function?
9. Who was the main architect who completed construction of the palace of Versailles?
10. What was the most important modern day event that took place at Versailles?
Source: Author vendome
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.