Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these formations was NOT part of the make up of XXX Corps for Operation Crusader?
2. According to the Operational Order for Crusader, the 7th Armoured Division had 455 tanks available. Who was the commander of this division?
3. The 22nd Guards Brigade was made up of the 9th Battalion (The Rifle Brigade), the 3rd Battalion (The Coldstream Guards), the 51st Field Regiment and the 12th Battery of the 1st LAA Regiment, but who was its commander?
4. What was the initial objective of Operation Crusader?
5. The 5th South African Brigade (part of 1st South African Division) consisted out of the 1st Battalion South African Irish, 3rd Battalion Transvaal Scottish and which other battalion?
6. A veteran of World War One served as commander of the 5th Battalion of the Royal Tank Regiment attached to the 4th Armoured Brigade Group during Operation Crusader. Who was he?
7. Which two types of tanks formed the backbone of XXX Corps armour during Operation Crusader?
8. The 7th Armoured Division became legendary for its tenacious fighting spirit. What is their famous nickname?
9. The commander of the 7th Support in during Operation Crusader was closely associated with the highly mobile "Jock Columns". Who was he?
10. What was the insignia of XXX Corps?
Source: Author MrRadt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.