Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first transcontinental railway, headed by E.H. Harriman, was pushing through to the west coast when they came to an impasse with a railway coming from the west. Who was leading the charge from California?
2. Built over a period of five years, the Hoover Dam is in which canyon of the Colorado River?
3. In 1931 gambling was legalized in Las Vegas. What street, known for its glitzy lights, was home to the Northern Club which received the first gaming license in the state of Nevada?
4. Named for a Paris nightclub, what was the first desegregated hotel-casino in Las Vegas?
5. The iconic "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign was erected in 1959 by which entity?
6. The 'Rat Pack' was a famous group of actors that performed many shows in Las Vegas and also appeared in movies together. The members of this informal group were Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Joey Bishop, and Peter Lawford. Which man lost a son in a plane accident?
7. Las Vegas boasts the iconic Flamingo hotel. Which infamous mobster was instrumental in building this resort in 1946?
8. Which famed aviator and entrepreneurial billionaire saw the potential of Las Vegas as a major tourist city, buying many casinos and reducing the Mob's influence in the town in the late 1960s?
9. The Upshot-Knothole nuclear tests at the Nevada Test Site included one event that deposited a large amount of fallout; this event has a nickname reminiscent of which Clint Eastwood movie?
10. A huge proponent to civil aviation, which former Nevada US Senator was the first elected to be born in Nevada?
Source: Author jaknginger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.