Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many pounds of apples does it take to produce a gallon of cider?
2. Which of the following is not a type of apple juice used in cider making?
3. There are two methods used to preserve fresh (sweet) cider for extended periods of time: refrigeration or the addition of sodium benzoate.
4. In the United States, what season is apple harvest season?
5. How do cider makers ensure a year-long supply of cider?
6. What is another name for apple pulp?
7. Grinding apples into pulp is called:
8. Apple pulp is pressed to extract the juice. Which of the following is not a legitimate use for the pressed, juiceless pulp?
9. Since apples contain natural yeast, it is possible to ferment cider without adding any additional yeast.
10. If there is sediment in your bottle of hard cider, it means that the fermentation process occurred in a vat, not in the bottle.
Source: Author Bheth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.