Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The most recognized brand of ginger ale in North America, Canada Dry, was boycotted in certain parts of the US because Canada didn't participate to the invasion of Iraq. The boycott was misguided since Canada Dry isn't produced or owned by Canadians. Who owns Canada Dry?
2. DrPepper/SevenUp, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola all have a brand of root beer. A&W Root Beer is the best selling root beer, belonging to DrPepper/SevenUp. Mug Root Beer was bought by Pepsi in 1986 and Barq's is a unit of Coca-Cola. What's special about Barq's root beer?
3. Vault, a new Coca-Cola hybrid between a soft drink and an energy drink was launched nationally in the US in 2006. Which statement is true about Vault?
4. RC Cola, an alternative to Pepsi and Coca-Cola, is operated by DrPepper/SevenUp in three countries. Which of the following is not one of them?
5. When Coca-Cola was allowed to return to India in 1992, they bought 3 very popular Indian soft drink companies. Which of the following is not one of them?
6. Sprite is one of the most popular soft drinks in the world. Beyond its great taste, what is Sprite also used for?
7. According to historians, what was US President Lyndon B. Johnson's favorite soft drink?
8. Frawg, a caffeinated soda sold in 2005 in the US by Pepsi, has a(n) _______ flavor.
9. In 2002, Coca-Cola started selling a mint flavored Sprite outside the US. It is marketed with different names depending on which country you are in. Which of these isn't a name for mint flavored Sprite?
10. Sierra Mist and Mountain Dew are both PepsiCo brands. When were they launched respectively (originally, not necessarily by PepsiCo)?
11. Orange Crush was once very popular all over North America. But where was it invented?
12. In the Southern US, there is a popular red soft drink with a unique taste. What is it called?
13. In 1972, Coca-Cola launched a drink to compete with the increasingly popular DrPepper, MrPibb. Recently, the name MrPibb was abandoned and replaced by:
14. What do most Cream Soda brands have in common?
15. What was the most popular orange-flavored soft drink in the United States in 2005?
Source: Author the_montrealer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Moo
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.