Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What kind of cake must be made without egg yolks?
2. What ingredient does not occur in the crust of a true New York Cheesecake?
3. What ingredient is hidden in a King Cake before serving?
4. Wacky Cake is made without milk, butter or eggs.
5. A theory that there is only one fruitcake in the world and that it is regifted Christmas after Christmas was proposed by which well-known US television personality?
6. What unusual ingredient is used in some spice cakes?
7. What is reputed be the origin of the sponge cake named Génoise?
8. What leavening agent is typically used to make a Kugelhopf?
9. What special ingredient is hidden under the chocolate icing of a Sacher Torte?
10. The Hummingbird Cake is popular in the southern US, but where did it originate?
Source: Author gable
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.