Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Nasi lemak is often considered to be the national dish of Malaysia. Which of these is an essential ingredient for its preparation?
2. Nasi goreng is Malaysian fried rice. What is done to the fried rice to produce the dish nasi goreng pattaya?
3. As you may have guessed, ketupat is a rice dish. It is prepared by placing the rice inside a woven basket before steaming, so that it expands and is compressed as it cooks. What is the traditional material from which the baskets are made?
4. This image shows a row of lemang (bamboo tubes filled with rice) being cooked. What kind of rice is preferred for the preparation of lemang?
5. Nasi kerabu is a variant of nasi ulam (steamed rice mixed with herbs) found in peninsular Malaysia. What is distinctive about Nasi kerabu?
6. Nasi ayam is a popular street food in Malaysia, particularly in regions with a large population of Hainanese background. Obviously, rice is an essential ingredient. What is the other one, denoted by the word ayam?
7. Nasi dagang (literally trader's rice) is composed of rice cooked in coconut milk and served with what other ingredient?
8. Putu mayam is the Malaysian name for idiyappam, a staple food from the Tamil cuisine of southern India and Sri Lanka. What type of rice dish is it?
9. Seri muka, which has been declared to be part of the Malaysian National Heritage, is made of two layers, one white and one green. What ingredient is common to both layers?
10. Malaysian cuisine is eclectic, and continues to include new ingredients. What is the name of a dish (served in Mamak street stalls) made by stir-frying a popular brand of instant noodles?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.