Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Your friend is telling you all about his new camera. "This is the best DSLR I've owned," he says. "The quality is great!"
"Really?" you say. "That's cool. Uh, what does DSLR mean again?"
What does he say it is?
2. "And the FPS," he continues, "is really great. It's six! Can you imagine?"
"Yeah," you reply, nodding your head. "But, what's that?"
What does FPS stand for?
3. "It has a great LCD screen, too," he adds, showing you the large, blank screen on the back of his camera.
"What does LCD stand for?" you ask.
What does he tell you it means?
4. A few weeks later, your friend is talking about a photoshoot he did the day before. He says, "Unfortunately, I realized I had forgotten to switch my WB to incandescent. I had to retake all the pictures! At least they turned out well in the end."
"Wait," you interrupt. "What did you forget to change?"
Which of these settings did he have to fix?
5. On another occasion your friend informs you that he usually shoots using MF, but will use AF if he's feeling lazy. You ask him what he's talking about, and what does he tell you?
6. "I can't believe it," he complains. "My SD card is corrupted!"
What does he tell you SD means?
7. On another occasion, while he's telling you about how he went to photograph a waterfall, he says, "I got everything set-up before realizing I had forgotten my ND filter at home," he says with a sigh. "So, I had to postpone that photoshoot."
"Oh, well there's always next time, I guess," you say sympathetically. "What is an ND filter?"
What does he tell you?
8. One day, he's telling you about his new lens. "I love using such a small f-stop. The DOF is produces is amazing!"
After asking what DOF stands for, he tells you it means which of the following?
9. While looking through your friend's vacation photos on Facebook, you come across a beautiful landscape shot. All that is in the caption is the acronym "HDR". Wondering, as always, what he means, you leave a comment asking him.
What does he reply with?
10. "A lot of photographers shoot in RAW, but I have no need to, plus the files are too large, so I just shot in JPEG." You open your mouth to ask, but he stops you. "It stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group."
"But," you ask, smiling, "what about RAW?"
Is RAW an acronym?
Source: Author zebra101
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.