Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the main herb found in pesto?
2. From what country did pesto originate?
3. To make a good pesto, garlic is ground up with this crunchy ingredient before the basil is added. What heart healthy nut is utilized?
4. One of my favorite foods is cheese so I was delighted to learn that pesto also calls for it as an ingredient. Which cheese is added to pesto?
5. The bond that holds all of these ingredients together and helps give it a nice saucy texture is oil. What kind of oil does the traditional recipe call for?
6. Pesto can still be ground up and made the old fashioned way (think of a pharmacist). Many traditionalists believe this way makes it taste better. What method?
7. What can pesto be served with?
8. The traditional central vegetable can be substituted for a variety of different ingredients. Recently, this very popular green leaf cabbage has been introduced to the recipe. What is this healthy alternative?
9. This famous chef, who spent time on Iron Chef America, often focuses on Italian cuisine. Who is this cookbook author and restaurant owner who was even quoted on the making of pesto?
10. Leftover pesto, due to its fresh ingredients, cannot be frozen.
Source: Author stephgm67
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.