Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A dialect of a language which is 'elevated' above others is called:
2. Which of the following does not generally affect the register or style when speaking in English?
3. Which of the following is not associated with 'Parentese' (how an adult talks to a child)?
4. Which of the following is not associated with 'Teacher Talk'?
5. A speaker will speak more slowly when in a formal setting.
6. One would expect to see more Latin words in an informal setting.
7. Double (or 'multiple') negation, in English, is a feature associated more with formal settings.
8. A person with a higher social economic status (SES) could be expected to use more or less formal language than a person of a low SES?
9. Which of the following is NOT a reason to use less formal speech?
10. To which class in US society would a person like Bill Gates belong?
Source: Author ladymacb29
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.