Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What unusual pair of names have modern British artists Michael Baldwin and Mel Ramsden taken?
2. Which modern artist from California expanded the two-dimensional limitations of the canvas by including additional three dimensional objects to accompany her painting in a work called 'Yellow and Black Boats'?
3. He was a friend of Andy Warhol's and attempted to unite the mediums of graffiti art and canvas painting. Unfortunately, he died at the tender age of 28. Who was he?
4. Who was the most well-known of the Futurist sculptors?
5. Perhaps his most well known works are his flat, giant sculptures of men hammering. Who is this modern artist?
6. This modern artist expresses the theme of 'pain' in her dreamlike room-sized installations which include various abstract objects created of varying materials. What is her name?
7. Alberto Burri is probably most well known for his use of what material in his art?
8. Alexander Calder's famous dangling works were termed 'Mobiles' by Duchamp. By what term are his ground-based works known?
9. Which modern artist was killed while inspecting his work?
10. Which of the following individuals, more well-known for other reasons, was associated with the Fluxus movement?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.