Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The god Lugh was associated with truth, the law, and the arts. He carried a fiery spear and a sword named Fragarach, and had a hound called Failinis which could change water into wine. He was also the father of which legendary Irish hero?
2. With which season was the goddess Brigid associated?
3. Which god wielded a magic club that could kill nine men, was associated with masculinity, strength and agriculture, and had children with several goddesses?
4. Which of these women was NOT one of the Morrigna, the three goddesses of war?
5. Manannan was a sea god, said to have given his name to the Isle of Man. What was one of his jobs as a boatman?
6. Which Irish river is named after the river goddess Boann?
7. Credne, Goibniu and Luchtaine, the three sons of Brigid and Tuireann, were known as the 'Tri Dee Dana'. What does this mean in English?
8. What type of plant grew from the tears of Airmed, a goddess of health?
9. The god Aengus fell in love with a maiden called Caer Ibormeith after dreaming about her, but there was one problem that got in the way of any potential relationship. What was it?
10. Which Irish sun goddess was turned into a butterfly by Fuamnach, the jealous wife of the god Midir?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.