Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "He is the very pineapple of politeness!" Which is the correct term?
2. Wes Westrum said about a close baseball game: "Well, that was a cliff-dweller." Which word should he have used?
3. "This is unparalysed in the state's history." What is the correct word?
4. "Listen to the blabbing brook." What word should Norm Crosby have used?
5. Mike Smith, baseball pitcher, said about his new coat: "It got lots of installation in it." Should he have said "insulation" or "insolation"?
6. Mike Smith also asked for a salad with "lots of neutrons". What did he really want?
7. Who is credited with this famous malapropism? "We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."
8. This is an anonymous example of charting in a nursing home: "Mrs. X is exhibiting bazaar behaviour." What kind of behaviour was the nurse trying to describe?
9. Let's have a Canadian example. Allan Lamport, former mayor of Toronto, said: "Keep this up and we'll have a vicious triangle." What geometric figure should he have used?
10. And finally, another original malapropism from Mrs. Malaprop: "Sure, if I reprehend any thing in this world it is the use of my oracular tongue, and a nice derangement of epitaphs!" What four terms should she have used?
Source: Author Catamount
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.