Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This crazy character has a craving for naked women and has disturbing nightmares on nights he is not scheduled to fly an attack. Which character is it?
2. This guy likes to stay alive by making time move as slow as possible. He is also one of Yossarian's best friends. Which character is this?
3. Whose goal is it to escape catch-22 and spends as much time as possible in the hospital?
4. Which character falls in love with a whore and constantly pays for her services, even though she does not love him back?
5. Who, at age 15, is the youngest pilot in the squadron and is flying Yossarian's plane to Avignon on which mission Snowden was killed?
6. This character is the squadron's intelligence officer and finds much amusement in taunting the pilots whenever they have a mission scheduled. Who is he?
7. This pilot manages to get shot down during every mission but always survives. He is Yossarian's roommate and likes to put crab apples in his cheeks, often to the annoyance of his tent mate. Which character is this?
8. Which character is often the pilot on Yossarian's plane and likes to scare his friends by buzzing them as low as possible?
9. What officer relentlessly increases the number of missions the squadron needs to fly in order to impress his superiors?
10. Who is the operations officer that helps Yossarian in the end?
11. Now for some of the more important quotes. Who said "I'm cold, I'm cold"?
12. "Catch-22" is full of circular logic and interrogations that lead to nothing. While being interrogated, who said "I always didn't say you couldn't punish me, sir."?
13. Which character says, "Sure there's a catch. Catch-22. Anyone who wants to get out of combat duty isn't really crazy."?
14. Who says, "It was kind of nice being a P.F.C. I had status-you know what I mean?"?
15. Who says, "The syndicate benefits when I benefit because everyone has a share"?
16. Here are some miscellaneous questions to finish the quiz up. Which of these does Yossarian not do to protest the war?
17. What is the name of the island in which most of the story takes place?
18. T/F: Even the Chaplain begins to lose faith in God towards the end of the novel.
19. What is Yossarian's nickname?
20. Only one of these characters does not die by the end of the book. Which one is it?
Source: Author Teej417
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.