Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I'm Miranda Goshawk. I am proud that I have been able to help several budding wizards in their formative years, by writing "The Standard Book of Spells" (Grades 1, 2, 3 and 4). They have definitely benefited from the spells I have explained in such simple language. In fact, one of them has even saved the world! Who created me?
2. I'm Jo March. I've written several novels, but it was my short story, 'The Duke's Daughter', that was published in the newspaper. I kept it a secret from all my sisters (I'm the second of four sisters), until I was able to show them the newspaper itself. And weren't they all happy? Who created me?
3. I'm Oolon Colluphid. I wrote several enlightening pieces, like 'Well, That About Wraps It Up For God', 'Where God Went Wrong' and 'Who Is This God Person Anyway?'. Only really ambitious hitch-hikers get to read my stuff. Who created me?
4. I'm Jack Ryan. I wrote 'Fighting Sailor', a biography of Fleet Admiral William Halsey. It is a book much in keeping with the subject of the famous book I appeared in, which was about a submarine. In fact, the book I appeared in has even been made into a computer game. Unfortunately, I don't appear in the game. Who created me?
5. Well, I've been told not to reveal my name, because that would give everything away. I am a famous detective, and in the course of my career, I also took the opportunity to write several books. Of course, I mostly let my friend chronicle our adventures. Among some of my erudite works are 'On The Polyphonic Motets of Lassus', 'On The Surface Anatomy of The Human Ear', and 'Upon The Uses of Dogs in The Work of the Detective'. Who created me?
6. My name is Humbert Humbert. I was carried away by my passion for a young girl, and wrote 'Lolita, or The Confession of a White Widowed Male'. My story is a haunting and disturbing one, and has been told and retold over the ages. Who created me?
7. I am Sir Willoughby. As an additional introduction, I am Bertie Wooster's uncle. I wrote the reflective 'Recollections of a Long Life'. Who created me?
8. I choose not to reveal my name. I have written many songs, chronicled most of my adventures on Middle Earth, and compiled several histories. Among them are 'The Red Book of Westmarch' which is also known as 'The Red Book of the Periannath'. Another excellent book I have written is 'There and Back Again'. Another clue? I am not a man. I feature as the root of all adventures in several novels written by this great author. Name him.
9. I am Samuel Pickwick. The book I appeared in had a title very similar to my own name. I wrote 'Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Ponds, With Some Observations on the Theory of Tittlebats'. Who created me?
10. My name is Balph Eubank. I am an obnoxious character, I suppose. I must be, because the name of my book is 'The Heart Is A Milkman'. None of the great characters in the book I appeared in liked me, and I don't think they read me either. I represented everything they had fought against, in their race to preserve individualism and capitalism. Who was the visionary who created me?
Source: Author noire
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor MotherGoose
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.