Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Set in Paris and London around the period of the French revolution, this novel has sold over 200 million copies since first being published in 1859. Written by a giant of English fiction, what is this high school teachers' favourite?
2. "She: A History of Adventure" is a novel by Henry Rider Haggard, first published in serial form in 1886 and 1887. It tells the tale of a British couple who discover a lost kingdom in which continent?
3. The book known in English as "The Little Prince" was published in 1943, only a year before its author's death. In what language was this beautiful novella originally written?
4. Our next novel, which has sold over 50 million copies since its publication in 1880, concerns the adventures of an orphan girl in the Swiss Alps. What was her name?
5. "Anne of Green Gables" is a 1908 novel by Lucy Maud Montgomery that has sold over 50 million copies and been adapted for film and television. What or where is Green Gables?
6. Anna Sewell's first and only novel has sold over 50 million copies since being published in 1877, just five months before the author's death. What is the title of this equine sensation?
7. Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail are characters in which animal-filled story that has sold over 45 million copies?
8. Leo Tolstoy's epic novel "War and Peace" is set during what tumultuous period of Russian history?
9. Carlo Collodi's creation was introduced to the world in 1881, and his likeness is now sold in souvenir shops all over Tuscany. What scrupulous little fellow am I talking about?
10. More than 30 million copies of "Gone with the Wind" have been sold since it was published in 1936. What working title did Margaret Mitchell initially give her epic novel?
Source: Author lorance79
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.